- Process was very complex with random patches all over the system
- 400+ custom programs
- Little understanding of capabilities of latest WMS version
Our client had over 400 modified programs with very little organization and almost no documentation. They brought in Initechs to help them sort through the mess and bring them up to the latest version of their WMS.
Initechs’ experienced consultants analyzed their modified programs and organized them by functional modification. Using our detailed knowledge of their WMS, we helped them understand which modifications could be replaced by new base functionality. We then revised the modifications so that they would work with the newest version of the WMS without forcing the client to alter their business processes. Initechs was able to eliminate more than 50% of the modifications, giving the client a cleaner, more efficient system that will be easier to upgrade in the future.
Our goal was to help our client get the most out of their upgraded WMS. We compared their needs with the offerings of the latest version of the WMS. To do that, we:
- Mapped the capabilities of the latest version of the WMS software to their business processes
- Defined the gaps between the company’s requirements and the available system functionality
- Identified necessary modifications to bridge those gaps
- Developed a comprehensive upgrade strategy
- Developed a detailed project plan, including resource and time requirements
- Executed the project plan to perfection
- Our experienced hands-on consultants made it possible to do all of this in just a few short months.
In the end, our client had a cleaner system, fewer modifications, and better system performance; all for less money than our competition would have charged to do much less.
- Eliminated more than 50% of modifications
- Completed upgrade according to project schedule
- Completed upgrade within project budget