Running Wholesale & Retail in one DC
- Our client was shipping retail and wholesale from the same facility
- Each business had varying rules that were difficult to meet with the current configuration
Our client had been shipping to their wholesale customers as well as their self-owned retail outlet stores from the same DC. While their WMS supported this type of environment, the company soon realized that some of the major components of their warehouse configuration needed to vary across the business units. Several options existed that would allow them to distribute their product, but this was a strategic decision that they needed to get right the first time. They could have had the software vendor guide them through the change. Instead, the chose Initechs to provide them with expertise.
We examined all of the options, and helped our client conclude that the cleanest and most cost-effective solution to the problems was to create a second systemic warehouse to fulfill their retail stores. Once the decision was made, we:
- Analyzed the interfaces between the WMS and the client’s three primary host systems and provided a road-map for change
- Created a detailed project plan identifying the time and resources necessary to implement the change
- Coded, tested, and implemented the new interfaces
- Created a new systemic warehouse to meet the needs of their Retail Business
- Optimized the configuration of the existing warehouse to remove the accommodations for the Retail business
- Upgraded the conveyor control system to take advantage of faster, more reliable, and flexible technology
- Upgraded their WMS software to the latest version
Initechs has decades of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing WMS systems. Initechs helps its clients develop and execute comprehensive plans to address their needs. Please contact us today to discuss your needs with an Initechs representative.
- Initechs provided expertise on creating a new systemic warehouse
- Upgraded the conveyor control system to faster, more reliable technology
- Successfully upgraded the WMS software to the latest version