- Too much information to deal with it
- Having no clear direction on how to lay them straight
- Too many demands and restrictions from different departments
- Conflicting elements to be tied together
Our client had decided to implement one of the most popular and widely used WMS-TMS solution suites that were used by other companies of its size from a leading software provider. Client also inserted its business growth plan into this project plan.
Our client was very knowledgeable in technology but not in the technology this project demanded. This project initiative gave them a paradigm shift. They sought Initechs help.
Our client decided to implement all modules of the entire application suites to support their anticipated future business growth in this project which involved highly scalable and latest hardware and middle-ware from IBM. But the application was never implemented and scaled on those types of infrastructures. In addition, our client adopted a very high standard of network security policy and a tiered network architecture, which limited access to the server by allowing one-way traffic, restricted protocol to restricted servers, etc.
Along with all these unknowns and restrictions, our client also had a realistic but tough project deadline.
Our expertise in technology, particularly in heterogeneous network system and network security policy came handy to solve these puzzles.
- We first studied the client’s requirements and thoroughly understood their existing network architecture and the growth plan.
- We then clearly put the problem within the domain of constraints that was already set by our client.
We found it was circular chain problem and need to get one end fixed to solve this problem. We then divided the application layers and requirements to match with the network layers and start placing servers, allow restricted ports, and protocols to comply with our client’s security policy. When we completed our long journey we completed our logical diagram and got approval by our client’s various departments.
Taking this logical diagram, our experts first designed physical network architecture from end to end, and then extended it for the entire enterprise level.
We explained every detail of how the request from each client and server would be served at every node and how the security was placed at every level.
It was like making a theme park in the Amazon rainforest, if you were our client's network traffic, you would be walking within the danger, but feel safe have a nice experience.
- about each sever, hardware and software details and their roles
- how security was implemented
- a total solution that will help to go to next level.